Friday 25 January 2013

"Does anyone remember laughter..."

It's a long time ago that I laughed like that. Every time my children can't control themselves and crack up and fall to the floor in hysterics I must confess a little jealousy. I laughed like that once; Watching TV with my dad, or in school at Chapel Practice with friends, where we acted like five-year-olds but were really just enjoying the stupidity of being. Once for a month or two while working as a lifeguard at an outdoor pool in Denmark during their coldest summer ever; bored but with people of a similar age, being silly but laughing and laughing every day, to the point of tears, and going home with exhausted stomach muscles, back to the reality of my life back then. I laughed watching 'Sleepers' and watching 'Fawlty Towers' and watching other things that I can't even remember anymore...

When I laugh now it's almost impossible to let go, and what comes from me is little more than a sardonic chuckle...

"See that little child a laughing
In the shade of that golden tree
He laughed so much he started crying
I wish that little child was me..."

(Silver Moon https://soundcloud.com/stream by me!)


No comments: